REPOA in collaboration with the Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI) invites members of civil society organizations, policy makers and other extractive industry stakeholders in Tanzania to a training workshop on “How can Tanzania best harness natural resources for the realization of its development goals within the context of climate change?”
This five-day interactive hands-on “learning from practice” workshop will build participants’ understanding of the basic principles of good governance of natural resources for sustainable and inclusive development, with an eye toward the country’s industrialization agenda. The training aims to improve participants’ knowledge not only of policy options and tools to achieve these goals, but also the inherent challenges.
Course modules will focus on:
- The socio-economic context that underpins Tanzania’s governance of its extractives sector.
- The fundamentals of oil, gas and mineral resource governance for sustainable and inclusive development.
- New insights into the opportunities and challenges associated with extractives governance for the implementation of the country’s industrialization plan.
- Rethinking the extractive sector within the context of the climate change era.
- Previous knowledge and understating of natural resource governance
- Current engagement in the extractive sector in the country
- Current engagement in the climate change is highly desirable
Certificate of attendanceParticipants will be required to actively participate for the duration of the whole course. Pre- and post-training quizzes will be administered to measure the level of knowledge acquisition. A certificate of attendance will only be awarded to participants according to the degree of their activeness in the workshop activities, and upon obtaining an acceptable score in the post training assessment.
Applicants should submit:
- A typed motivation letter stating how the knowledge gained from this workshop will be used, how the workshop content is relevant to the applicant’s current work focus and explaining how this training will help the applicant in their role.
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Confirmation of clearance from employer to participate in the training for five days.
The training will be delivered in-person. Kindly ensure you can commit for all five days of training.
Participation costs will be covered by the organisers. For other related costs kindly indicate in your application willingness of your organisation to facilitate your participation.
Closing date for applications: 8 July 2022
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Completed application package should be submitted as e-mail attachments to REPOA at [email protected]
For further inquiries please contact:
Phone: (22) 2700083 / 0784 555 655 Fax: (22) 2775738
Email: [email protected]